Sunday, December 12, 2010

Candyland cake

One of my Preschoolers was cutting food pictures out of magazine and she found a Candyland cake. It immediately caught my eye and I decided then and there that I would be making that cake or one like it for Tizita's fourth birthday.
Little did I know that when I googled "candyland cake" I would find hundreds of different ways to decorate the cake. I took ideas from some of the sites and from the picture that Laura had cut out and added a few of my own designs to make the cake.
I knew that I would have a problem making the cake, getting it out of the pan, and frosting it so I took the easy route and had Walmart bake the cake, frost it with white, and spray it with green. Then I was ready to decorate it.
I also decided it would be wise to let Tiz make and decorate her own cake while I worked on the Candyland cake, so here she is licking her beaters after mixing up her own cake. Then she frosted the cake all by herself.
After that, the fun really began as she and I decorated our cakes with lots of candy.
Below you can see Tiz's finished cake. She said it was so much fun to decorate it all on her own. As you can see, she used lots of candy.
This is my finished Candyland cake except that you cannot see the castle of King Candy. It was a big gingerbread house cookie that I propped up behind him. I also had not made Grandma Nut's house yet because I did not have the circus peanuts I needed. All in all, I think it was a pretty awesome cake and I know that Tiz enjoyed it.
Here is the candle blowing and you can see by the look on her face just how much she enjoyed those two cakes. That smile alone is worth everything! I hope Tiz will remember these two birthday cakes for a long time.
What will I ever do to top this cake in years to come?
I will be posting some more pictures from the birthday soon.






Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails