Thursday, December 30, 2010

Organizing Tizita's new toys

John and I are up in Oshkosh to celebrate New Year's Eve. If you have followed my blog, you know how much I dislike NYE and am always looking for something new and different to do that night. So much pressure to do something to ring in the New Year. I usually like it to just come in like any other night. I don't buy the whole out with the old, in with the new business. That is hopw the idea to come to Oshkosh was born. Courtney, Paul, and Tizita are celebrating Christmas with Paul's family in Minnesota over the weekend, so the Van Auken B and B had a vacancy. In fact, we are the only guests for the next two nights.
While I was up here, I offered to organize Tizita's playroom and put away her new Christmas toys. That is what I spent hours doing today along with John's help. We like the finished product and we think Tizita will like it, too.
We put up a new full length mirror in her playroom so when she dresses up in her new dress up clothes, she can see herself. We bought her a bunch of dress up outfits for Christmas.
I moved many of her books into her bedroom into the empty areas in this piece of furniture. The girl has many, many books so it was nice to find a new place to store some of them.

I put her wigs up on top of this shelf which also houses play shoes, jewelry, baby clothes, hats, and purses.

We put up these hooks so she could easily hang up some of her dresses.

And finally, we set up this little area in the kitchen for her grocery store. She got a new cash register for Christmas and she is all about playing store. You can also see her Easy Bake Oven on the table in the background. I am excited to hear her feedback on the new look here at her house.
Tomorrow John and I are going out for dinner to an Italian restaurant here in Oshkosh and then ringing in the New Year with a few wines and some scrabble back here at the B and B. I am looking forward to our little celebration.
Happy New Year everyone!




1 comment:

madj said...

You did a great job with this. Thanks for including me as "helping", though most of the "help" was staying out of the way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails