Thursday, December 23, 2010

Some thoughts on the Eve of Christmas Eve

Today we celebrated Jesus' Birthday in school. Here are 35 of my Preschoolers just before the party started. It was a fun filled celebration and I am sure each of these little ones knows the real meaning of Christmas.
I was very proud of this circle. The kida actually stay seated in this circle for a good fifteen minutes singing songs with me. I was very impressed with myself, not to toot my own horn or anything!
The best part of the day was coming home to bake cut outs with Tizita. Mallory came over and joined in the baking business, too. Tizita is quite the little baker. She could roll that dough out with no problem, cut the cookies, put them on the cookie sheet, and then frost them like a pro.



Of course, she is like her Aunt Alissa and had to get the flour all over herself. Used to drive my dad crazy the way my girls would get flour everywhere! There are so many happy memories tied up in baking Christmas cookies, but I just don't have time to go into them here, suffice it to say, it was a fun, memorable afternoon.
Tomorrow we begin our celebrations. I am excited with the arrangments this year. Santa will even make a stop here one day after Christmas with our presents just like he used to do in the days when the girls were young.
I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas. I hope you spend it with the ones you love and always remember the real reason for the celebration.

1 comment:

madj said...

I like the new photo.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails