Saturday, December 4, 2010

Snow, Baking, Walking = A good Saturday

This is what we woke up to this morning-the first snow of the season. Of course, it was no big surprise since the weathermen had been talking about the white death for a week. We ended up with about six inches of fluffy stuff and it was pretty. This was the scene out our back door. John was out early shoveling.
Mom and I baked eight different kinds of cookies this morning. I woke up with the desire to bake a few batches, then I ask mom to help me out and we really went to town.
Here is mom working hard on some of the cookies and I am sorry it is sideways, I can't figure out how to turn it, so let's just call it artsy.
I always bake No Names which from a recipe I got from Ohma, my grandma on my mom's side. They are one of our favorite bars. Here are two pans of the famous No Names with Ohma's cookie tin. I remember her filling that tin with so many yummy cookies over the years and now I like to use the tin for my cookies. Baking Christmas cookies brings back lots of happy memories.
After baking, John and I took a walk in the new fallen snow. We walked around Riverside Park and then ended up on Tivoli Island. I know I won't say this in mid January when I will have been looking at this white death for months, but it is very pretty right now.




So, it was a busy, but fun filled Saturday indeed.










No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails