Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snow Fun

Part of Tizita's Birthday celebration included some quality Gram/Tiz time in the snow. The temps were in the high 20's on Friday and we took advantage of that. We made snow angels. Tiz made the first one and asked me to make one. At first, I said, "I only have my jeans on and I don't want to get wet," but then I figured why not, so I joined in the angel making fun. Here is my angel.

After making numerous angels, we headed to our little hill in the back. We both had fun sliding down the hill on our slippery jackets until we made it down to the bare grass.
Going down the hill was easy and fast, but getting back up presented more of a challenge to us. Sometimes we would slip right back down and laugh so hard. It was a fun time for sure.
We tried to make a snowman, but the snow was not good for packing so we had to put that idea on hold until the next snow adventure.
Tizita's sled was no where to be found, perhaps it is up at her house in Oshkosh, so I decided we should go looking for some cardboard to use as a sled. We found some in the garage, found out later that John was using it to protect our screen doors, but who knew? The fun we had with that cardboard sled was way more important than protecting any old doors!
Tiz would direct the sledding and tell me how we were going to ride down each time. More laughs and memory making together. I pulled her on the cardboard sled and we walked over to the pool to check things out. All in all it was a perfect snow day for us.
This week we are in the deep freeze and I am missing temps in the 20's. Funny what becomes comfortable to us in the winter.
More Birthday coverage coming soon.
As a note to myself because I will forget the details. Tizita and Courtney came on Thursday AM for school. I had half a day due to Christmas practice. Courtney stayed overnight and came to help with our chapel singing on Friday AM. Half day of school again so Courtney headed back to Oshkosh while Tiz and I baked, played outside, napped, and spent the evening playing with Grandpa. Courtney, Paul, Lis, and Nathan all arrived on Friday night due to snow predicted on Saturday which did come by the way. On Saturday we celebrated Tiz's birthday all day and into the night. On Sunday my class sang in church during the blizzard. 22 of my 37 were there and the singing was terrific. We had lunch on Sunday and everyone headed home. It was a perfect weekend and a wonderful birthday celebration for Tiz.

1 comment:

madj said...

It certainly was a great birthday weekend celebration! I wish I could have joined in the snow fun - sometimes it snow fun working - get it? But, having experienced the alternative TO working, I'll take the working. Now I need another large piece of cardboard!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails