Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Go Pack Go! We are on the way to the Super Bowl

We had a really great long weekend with Tizita. My last post told you all about our trip to the museum and our time with the dinosaurs and butterflies, but there was so much more to document from this weekend so here goes. The Van Auken Family dancers and singers put on a show for us. Tizita had packed many of her dress up clothes including this pretty tutu which she wore for her dance portion of the show. Gigi, Grandpa, and I thoroughly enjoyed the production.
Since Tizita loves to bake, we whipped up a chocolate fudge cake much of which is on her hands here. She also wanted to mix up some ingredients of her own and create her own cake. She loves to throw things together. This time I had her start with a yellow cake mix and add things that would all be edible so we could actually eat the cake. It turned out great and we all enjoyed it almost as much as the chocolate one.

And she has learned from me that licking the beaters is the best part of baking.
And there was still more hands-on fun which involved shaving cream this time.

Here Tizita is making herself some shaving cream gloves.

There was also a little more dress up. Tizita wanted me to dress up so badly, so I dug out an old dress of my mom's that she had worn to my brother's wedding many years ago. Tiz took a few photos, but I refused to post any. All John said was, "Don't ever wear that out." Okay, I won't!

And the very best part of the weekend was the Packer victory over the Bears on Sunday. As you can see Gigi was wearing the cheesehead hat that Tiz had made in Preschool and Tiz is dancing with her poster that she made. We like to say that she helped clinch the victory for the Packers with her dance. We have to laugh because it looks like my mom is praying which at some points of the game, she probably was doing just that.
Anyway, we are going to the super bowl. Well, not "we" as in John and I, but "we" as in The Packers! Yep, it was a great weekend all around.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails