Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Birthday to me, 58 years

My birthday this year has already lasted four days with more fun to come next weekend in Oshkosh. It all started with birthday parties in both my classes on Thursday. There were cupcakes, ice cream, flowers, balloons, and gifts. I enjoy the special feeling that only a preschooler can give you on your birthday! My classes gave me sweet treats and two necklaces and earrings from Solpada. A great start to a birthday which just got better from there on.
John and I went out on Friday night. We went to Spinnaker's and started our night with martinis, had dinner, and ended with some beers. John and I had some great conversation to go along with the drinks. A great night!
On Saturday we went to John's mom's to divy up her Christmas ornaments. Alissa and Nathan as well as Courtney, Paul, and Tiz were all there, too. We celebrated all the January and February birthdays there, too and had a yummy lunch. That night we met up with Paul's folks who had traveled from Iowa to see Tizita sing in church with my class. We had pizza and beer at Rock River Pizza and again shared lots of good conversation. We hadn't see Pott and Mike for a long time so it was great to catch up on things.
On Sunday, Pott and Mike joined us in church to see the Preschoolers sing. They did such an awesome job, I was so proud of them! I had to host an open house in my classroom while the others ate lunch at the chili lunch. Afterwards Tiz enjoyed showing her other grandparents the classroom. We all enjoyed my birthday cake and gift opening before Pott and Mike left again for Iowa. It was the best birthday weekend ever!




1 comment:

madj said...

Happy birthday, again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails