Sunday, September 18, 2011

Busy Saturday, Lazy Sunday

We have just had a fun, busy Saturday, now I am looking forward to a nice, relaxing Sunday with a big Packer win.
Saturday started out with our Son Shine Saturday at St. John's. I made two lambs out of powdered sugar donut holes to go with our theme of, Jesus the Good Shepherd, and, No, I did not take a picture. My mom couldn't even tell that what I had made was a lamb, so I didn't think it was photo worthy. Although, the little children attending the Bible time knew it was a lamb. What can I say? I know my audience.

After the somewhat sparsly attended Son Shine Saturday, (this means lots of left over donuts for John and I), I had lunch with my good friend, Lynne. We were celebrating her birthday and we were so happy we could actually meet for lunch so close to the actual date of her big day which was Sept. 15. We enjoyed some tuna crunch salad and lots of great conversation. I am so blessed to have a friend like Lynne. You know the kind of friend I am talking about, the one that you can sit down and chat easily with no matter how much time has passed between visits. I am so thankful she decided to apply for the teaching job at Mary Linsmeier all those years ago. Although, I like to think that our paths would have crossed anyway, we were destined to become friends. We went to Upper Crust for our lunch and noticed lots of older ladies lunching there. Hard to believe that that will be us in the not too distant future!

After lunch John, mom, Mallory, and I headed to Milwaukee to take Alissa out to dinner. We ate at The Chauncery, Mallory's choice. The food was yummy, the beers went down easily, and the laughs were many. Mallory had the usual freshman college stories to relate to us, bringing back memories. It was a good night all around. When we got back to Watertown, John and I went to On the Rock to end our evening with a few more beers. Here are a few pictures of our dinner.


That brings us to right now, Sunday morning. Plans today include church, mom's chili for lunch, Packers, and nothing else! A lazy Sunday and lots of powdered sugar donuts is just what the Doctor ordered.


Let's hope the Packers do well, so John is happy with his Sunday, too.




1 comment:

madj said...

It was an good week-end. The Pack, while disappointing playing-wise, did provide the win you wished for.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails