Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Happy Birthday to Ohma

This is Ohma, my mom's mom. Today is her birthday. She died when Courtney was just four months old, so sadly, my girls did not get to meet her.
Ohma was a very faithful woman, loved her Lord and her church. She did not have much as far as material possessions went, but she never wanted for anything either. She was always happy and full of love.
She had a hard life, my Opha died when my mom was only nine years old. He had been a teacher in a Lutheran school in Clyman, WI, so when he died she lost her big beautiful home which belonged to the church. She and my mom moved above my Uncle's ice cream store where they shared one bedroom. Her stories were so wonderful to hear and I wish she were here to share them with all of us once again.
I know she is having the time of her life up in heaven and I look forward to the day I will see her again.
Until then, Happy Birthday Ohma! I am thinking about you today.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Today would have been my grandma's birthday too. Maybe her and Ohma are smiling down on us together. That's a really cool wedding photo. How neat to have something old to cherish like that.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails