Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Gramps

I want to remember my Grandpa, Erwin Kohlhoff today on his birthday. Thanks for all the sweet memories, Grandpa! I know you are celebrating in a big way up in heaven today.
I am so thankful that my girls got to meet and spend some good times with my grandpa. He was such a hard working, gentle man. His final wish was to be carried out of his house, the house he lived in all his married life. He got that wish, he was carried out to an ambulance and died in the hospital. God granted him that final wish. The more I see people in nursing homes, the more I realize how blessed he was.
So, today I will remember the quiet times that grandpa and I shared fishing together, I will remember how he let me help him clean those fish in his big old sink in the basement, I will remember helping him plant in the hot beds and the gardens, I will remember him sledding down the hills with me, I will say thank you, God for such great memories.

Happy Birthday Grandpa! See you soon.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails