Saturday, February 7, 2009

A big night out in the big city



Which forehead belongs to a 55 year old and which to a 29 year old?


Last night John and I picked up my old (she is not old, but from the old days) college roommate, Joan and headed to the third ward for dinner at a restaurant called the Water Buffalo. It was an excellent dining experience. Joan and I had the tuna done sushi style. It is the first time I have enjoyed tuna that way, but it was very, very good. John had stuffed salmon. Also very good. Alissa and Nathan met up with us and we went over to the Irish Pub for some drinks. Alissa had just gotten her hair cut and donated it to locks of love so I was excited to see her new do. She said she was suffering from phantom hair, always reaching for the long stuff, kind of like amputees still feel their legs, arms, etc. We were serenaded by an old James Taylor wanna be playing his guitar. I actually liked his music. The memorable line of the night came from Joan, "I can't walk in the slush!" As usual when we are with Joan, we had many good laughs and shared our familiar old memories! Good Times.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Lissa's hair looks great! I wonder how long she will have phantom hair? It was so nice to meet Joan back in May for the booze cruise. I hope that Lissa and I stay in touch like you and Joan. (I have a feeling we will even though she keeps saying she is going to get rid of me soon.) Looks like another great weekend Sherri!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails