Thursday, February 19, 2009

Wacky Day and Dogs at school





This week was spirit week at school. Today was Wacky/clash day. Nothing creates more chaos in a classroom than a bunch of kids and a teacher dressed like clowns! My three year olds hardly noticed me and my crazy outfit. To a three year old clash is a daily occurrence, but my four year olds really got into the whole crazy business. To top everything off my star of the day brought her two dogs in for Show and tell. If you know me, then you know that I don't care for dogs. One of my pets peeves is when people expect you to get all excited about their dogs. John and I will be out walking and as we pass a person with a dog, they look at us as we totally ignore the animal and say, "Oh, don't worry he won't bite you, you can pet him." Now first off, what makes that person think we want to touch their dog? Dog lovers, take note, not everyone likes a dog or wants to pet it, so go on your way and leave us alone. Luckily, my mom today knows how I feel so she didn't take offense when I did not make a big fuss over the dogs. The kids had a great time petting the dogs though. As we finally sat down for our Jesus circle I looked around at ten kids dressed all silly and all hyped up from seeing the dogs and prayed for patience because I could see where the day was going. God did indeed give me patience to enjoy my blessings of the day.

2 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Huh. We had a clash day at our house yesterday when Tizita wanted to wear a poka-dot shirt and striped pants. I said, have at it. No dogs though, yuck.

Kim said...

I knew as soon as I saw the word "dogs" that it would be mentioned how the Damman women (well really Damman/VanAuken/Hunter women) don't much care for slobbery dogs ;o) But I must say I really like the outfit Sherri!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails