Monday, February 16, 2009

Some Special Dollies

Here is Courtney showing Tizita the dolls for the first time. Look at that cute tennis outfit!
I don't know who had more fun with the dolls. Here Courtney and Alissa show off the outfits that they chose. Courtney's doll is wearing her artist smock and beret while holding a pallet. Alissa's is dressed for St. Patrick's Day and is holding an umbrella.
Here is Tizita holding one of the dolls. She chose the pink swimsuit and cute headband for the doll to wear. At this point she was hugging it tightly and not willing to give it up to anybody!

Our friend, Verna who happens to be Alissa's roommate Kim's mom, made these cute dollies for Tizita. Not only did she make the dolls, but at least ten outfits with matching shoes and accessories! I first saw these cute dolls on one of Verna's blogs. She had made Kim a pair way back when she was a little girl. I thought they were so cute and I asked if she could make a set for Tizita using brown yarn for the skin. What a pleasant surprise when they arrived in the mail in time for Tizita's visit on Valentine's Day. We all had so much fun playing with them and showing Tizita all their pretty outfits. I am keeping them at my house so they can be a treat whenever she visits. I am looking forward to many years of enjoyment from these special dollies made with so much love and care by Verna. Thanks Verna!

1 comment:

Verna said...

You are mighty Welcome. I had a lot of fun making them too. I always love to see people enjoy the things that I have done, and not just set them on the shelf or in a drawer.
Love ya all.:)
Verna

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails