Sunday, September 27, 2009

Old memories revisted...

Today was my Grandma and Grandpa's anniversary. Here is a picture of them celebrating their 59th anniversary at our house. The year is about 1984, I think, so that would make this their 83rd anniversary or thereabouts. My Grandma insisted on celebrating with a big party every five years since their 45th anniversary always sure it would be their last one. They never did make it to their 60th because grandpa died sometime in the year after this picture, but I just know they are celebrating big today with all their friends up in heaven!


Mallory went to homecoming last night. Her first big dance with a date! When she came over today to visit I asked her the usual nosy questions that I used to ask my girls. She answered a few and then said, "Boy, Sherri, you ask a lot of questions." I asked her how she thought I got all my information. That stuff does not come naturally without some prying!
I also dug out my old Homecoming pictures from the year that I was a junior in High School-16 years old, just like her and here I am with my first dance date, Duffy Neubauer looking very excited, a little nervous and oh, so cute! As soon as I get her permission and a picture I will post one of her and Levi. I think they will look a whee more sophisticated than we did back in 1969.


3 comments:

madj said...

I'm not sure 16-year-old H.S. Jr.'s are able look sophisticated. BTW, where is Mr. Neubauer, the one that got away, presently and is he as cute?

Your Pal, M said...

No picture.

Kim said...

oh.. I was looking forward to seeing Mal's picture.

I like seeing the old pictures.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails