Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One week down, lots more to go

Well, my first week of school is officially over since we started last Tuesday. I must say it has been going well so far with more positives than negatives which is how I measure the success of these first few days. The kids are really getting into the routine and rules of the classroom.
The creation story and the story of Adam and Eve have gone so well except the usual misconception that God used play dough to make Adam. They assume this because I use play dough to make the man figure because I cannot make a figure out of the dirt I bring in. It takes a while to set them straight but then they finally get it.
We talked about circles this week and we got to bring out the biggest circle of all which is our parachute. If anything didn't go well on those days it was all forgotten as we played with the parachute and the beach balls. The kids' laughter is such music to my heart and I know for a fact they all ended their days on a very happy note.
Tomorrow Tizita comes to school again. We have chapel tomorrow with 19 little ones. I am hoping that all goes well. Stay posted to find out how it goes...

1 comment:

Verna said...

Glad everything is going well at this time.

Seeing them learn is always good!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails