Sunday, September 13, 2009

Unibrows, toilets and chandeliers

On Saturday we met up with Alissa and my college roommate, Joan for a night of good food, drinks, conversation, and more than a few laughs.
We began our evening with a drink at The High Hat on Brady St. Prime area for people watching. John had this big Schlitz beer, kind of like his own personal pitcher! We were laughing when it arrived, never expected it to be soooooo big and all for just $5.00!
Three Amigas enjoying margaritas at the Mexican Restaurant on Brady St. I am not fond of Mexican food because I do not like cheese on everything, but I found out that really good Mexican food doesn't always have cheese on it. I had shrimp tacos that were so yummy! And needless to say these margaritas were yummy, too. I found it rather funny to see the similarities between Alissa and Joan. They both find humor in any situation and they both enjoy people watching and Brady St. is quite the place to people watch! I should probably say People laughing because mostly they laugh at people!
I cannot begin to tell you all the times that the three of us have been together during and since our college years. No matter how much time passes between visits we can all just pick up where we left off which to me is the sign of a very good friendship. There were years when our lives were going in such different directions that we would go years without a visit, luckily we remedied that and we see one another every few months.
The bathroom was a one holer, so when I went in I left my camera with Alissa and Joan who were waiting their turn. This is what they snapped when I came out of the bathroom. I call it big, man hands, but I must say it makes the rest of me look smaller. How these next few pictures happened I cannot begin to figure out. I think Joan took the camera in the bathroom with her and documented the decor in there!
Sign on Ladies bathroom door.

Picture in the bathroom which we lovingly referred to as the "Unibrow."
This is a lovely flower arrangement in the Ladies room.
And this would be the toilet. And just let me tell you, this is not the only toilet that figured into our night. Somehow a brochure was floating in Joan's toilet. Huh...
After our yummy dinner, we headed over to Joan's to have a few more drinks. Alissa really liked this beer glass that Joan had purchased in Germany. She couldn't stop talking about it.
and Alissa really liked Joan's chandelier. It was a very fun night, lots of laughs and good conversation, and some pretty goofy pictures!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Your hands can't be that big. Lissa always says I have man hands. I think they are just as big (if not bigger) than Nathan's. Looks like you had a great time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails