Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lunch with an old friend and biking around town

We (Courtney, Paul, Soli, Tiz, John, and I) had one final adventure before they left for home on Saturday, July 6.
We decided to take a bike ride around Watertown and stop at a few parks.
Soli was very happy and comfortable in her trailer.
Courtney pulls the trailer on her bike while
Tizita rides the tag a long on the back of Paul's bike.
We purchased the tag a long for them.
It is one of the best ways for a child, that is still too little to ride at least a 20 inch bike, to join in on a longer bike ride.
Tizita loves riding this way although she can handle a two wheeler (16 inch) with no problem.  She just gets tired because on a bike that small, the rider has to pedal all the time just to keep up with the bigger bikes.
I was behind her and Paul for some of the trip and there are times when she pedals all by herself while Paul coasts.  She gets a big kick out of working the bike all by herself.  She also has a few tricks that she has taken on her road show.  She will ride with her feet way out to the sides or with her hands off the handlebars.
If anyone reading this is thinking about a tag a long bike, go for it!
You will not be sorry.
I know that Paul and Tiz ride all around Oshkosh with this bike, too.
When Tizita is ready for her own bike on longer rides, Soli can take over the seat on the tag a long.
Money definitely well spent.
Our first stop was at Lincoln Park.
Of course, Soli headed straight to the swings.

Then she had to show us "strong baby."
That is when she hangs on any bar she can find and holds herself up with her little feet  off the ground and announces to the world that she is a "strong baby."
Courtney, Tiz and I did a little climbing, too.
Sometimes it is just fun to let your inner child out and really play at the park.
From Lincoln Park we rode to Timothy Johnson Park which, in my opinion, has some really cool equipment.

Tiz is so happy when she is on monkey bars.
Tiz and I spent a little time in the shade of this tube before
we put on a little show on the mushrooms. 
It was not as easy as it looked since it took a lot of balance.
Soli, again tried out the swings and then did some running.
By this time, Tizita had announced that she was too hot to go to any more parks, but I wanted to show them one more that is a real hidden treasure in our town.
Schaller park is a small neighborhood park situated at a dead end street on the river.
I don't think most people even know it is there unless you live in that area.
Because it is very shady, I thought Tiz would survive the heat.

I know Paul liked it because of the river.
He and the girls were searching for treasures.
After swinging with Soli for a bit, we all decided we were hungry.
We decided to head over to Tribeca, a coffee/book/kids shop which had recently added healthy salads and sandwiches to their menu.
While I am not normally into this whole healthy eating thing, I did enjoy a salad made in a mason jar.
John and I have both started drinking iced tea instead of diet coke.
John is very good about it, I need a diet coke every once in awhile.
Anyway, John ordered us each a tea, little did we know that there were so many choices of tea!
We had a lesson in tea that day.
Tiz enjoyed two scones.
While Soli had hummus which you can tell, she really enjoyed.
We relaxed for a bit before heading home.
Total miles for our ride-8 miles.
Not too bad for a morning ride.


When we got home, I took both girls over to the Aquatic Center while Courtney and Paul packed up their car for the ride home.
It was a great end to a fun filled fourth of July.
 
On Sunday, John and I went on our bike ride which I already posted about.
On Monday, I went out to lunch with my good friend from High School, Karrie Kuckhan Aleshire
We were going to go on a bike ride together first, but the hot and humid weather coupled with my ride on Sunday had done me in.
We decided to put the ride on hold till a nicer day, but did have a great lunch.
Karrie is a very funny lady, her stories are good.
We laughed a lot.
It was a great get together.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails