Sunday, July 21, 2013

We are back and a new adventure begins

Today around 2:00 we got back home from St. George Island after a seven hour leg today.
John unloaded the car, repacked the suitcase, and took off for a four hour trip to Iron Mountain, Michigan where he will be training for his new job.
He will spend at least four weeks up there.
This is the first time we have ever been apart except for the birth of my babies and surgery on my eye, a total of 10 nights total.
I am excited for John to be able to start this new journey in his work life.
I can only imagine how nervous/anxious he must be, but I feel this is a very good move for him and for us.
I will miss him especially at bedtime. 
Our big king bed will be lonely without him.
 
On a different note, I want to document a few of my favorite moments from our vacation on St. George Island.
It was so wonderful to have four generations together (ages 2 - 84) and spend so much making happy memories as a family.
So here are some of those memories:
On our first night, Tizita had a photo shoot with all of us in different positions with different people.
I bought her a $5.00 Fisher Price camera at a rummage sale and she had so much fun with it.
The pictures are not great, but the fun and laughs were fantastic.
John happened to take this one so Tiz could be on it with us.
Best $5.00 I ever spent.
I love all the beach walks.  There is nothing like walking the beach and letting all your stresses go out with the waves.
John and I had lots of good walks together.
Our beautiful Coppertone House.
The view was spectacular from the decks even though we were second tier from the beach.  The walk was easy to the beach, too.
There were three huge bedroom/bathroom suites in this home, plus a room with bunk bed/double bed for Tiz and Gigi.
It was perfect for all of us.
Our dinner at the Blue Parrot which is on of our favorite places on the Island.
The food is so yummy!
The pool and hot tub at this house were awesome.
Soli enjoyed the hot tub which was really like her own personal pool.
Tiz loved the pool and her swimming skills are so good.
Enjoying many of our home made meals around the table.
We especially loved Paul's shrimp.
Good company, good food, great memories.
We all had fun posing in this big red chair.
Lots of laughs as we attempted to climb up there and sit.
I am sure we were quite the site.
We all enjoyed our Aunt Ebby's ice cream.
This is a must stop place for us whenever we visit the Island.
It was pouring rain when we came to the ice cream shop.
Tiz and I enjoying our peel and eat shrimp.
The shrimp we get up north is nothing like this shrimp on the Island.
John and I enjoyed these yummy rum runners on our last day on the Island when we went out by ourselves.
There are so many things we miss about the Island, but life goes on and we have to embrace this next adventure and embrace it, we do!
Keep posted to see how it all goes for John and I.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails