Sunday, July 28, 2013

One week down, on to week number two

John just left for his second week of training for his new job.
He is off to Iron Mountain, Michigan again.
This time it was less stressful for him since he has made friends, has his desk, and knows the ins and outs of his motel life.
I sent left over meatloaf as well as tator tot hot dish so he can have some home made foods for dinner.
I also made him some brownies for his sweet tooth.
He had wanted to take his bike, but it would not fit into his car without taking off the front tire and he did not want the hassle of not getting it back on properly.
 
We had a really nice weekend catching up.
We started with two pitchers of beer and pizza at On the Rock on Friday night.
John was able to leave Michigan by 2:00 on Friday, so he was home and ready to go out by 6:00.
 
On Saturday morning we woke up to unseasonably cool temps and cloudy skies so our planned bike trip was put on hold until later in the day.
We loaded up the bikes and went shopping because what is better to do than shopping.  We bought some of my classroom supplies at the Learning Shop, bought Tizita her drum set at Toys R Us, and finished up at Kohl's where we each bought some new clothes.
It was a great shopping trip.
After that we went to Oconomowoc where we rode 8 miles around Lac La Belle and saw how the other half lives.
It was a beautiful ride even with the cool wind and clouds.
 There was lots of pretty scenery along the route.


 On our way back into Oconomowoc, we discovered this little beach that we had never seen before.

 When I say little beach, I am not kidding.
Just look at all that sand!  HA

 There was no lifeguard on duty, so I took a spot up in the chair.
 Our next stop was in Oconomowoc at a little park by the lake.



And, here is a little history on Oconnomowoc.
We came home and ate meatloaf for dinner.
After that we watched two movies together.
It was a great day.
 
Today, we went to church.
It was a wonderful service with a great message that I walked away remembering.
We did some grocery shopping, John cut the lawn and we watched another movie before he left.
 
You know, when we were dating (newly engaged, I think) being apart was so hard.  This time around it is easier, but I still miss having John close by.
The good byes are not as sad as they were way back and we know we can keep in touch via text, facebook, and email which makes it so much easier.
It still is very exciting to know that he is coming home and we will get time together.
So, while it is somewhat different, being apart is still not easy and reuniting is just as joyous.
The week ahead for me is going to be a good one.
Tomorrow and Tuesday I have meetings at school preparing for the new year.
On Tuesday, Tizita is coming to spend time with  me until Friday.
I have many fun activities planned for the two of us.
And, the best part is that next Sunday, I am heading up to Michigan with John for a mini vacation for me.  While he works, I will be exploring the area.
I am looking forward to this week and the next.
 
It is amazing to see how God has been working all of our past experiences into this new adventure.  In hindsight, we can see how everything had its time and place in our lives.
God is good, all the time and he has great plans for our lives.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails