Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Up to my ears with Elmo

After some research on Pinterest, I am up to my ears in Elmo.
Since Soliana likes Elmo, Tizita thought it would be the perfect theme for her second birthday party, so after some research, I think I have enough Elmos to keep her happy.
This first Elmo is a 9 inch chocolate cake.
There were no less than 100 of them on Pinterest and not one was quite like this one, I added my own touches.
I wish the frosting could have been redder, but that is almost a half bottle of food color.  I didn't think I should add anymore of that ingredient so I settled for dark pink.
I used the jumbo marshmellows for the eyes with a mini peanut butter cup for the eyeball.  The nose is orange m and m's because I could not think of anything else and the mouth is mini peanut butter cups again.
I think Soli will recognize that it is her friend Elmo.
But of course, I do not stop at one cake.

 I made these little cookies which I also found on Pinterest.
I think I had to make a few changes on these, too, but I liked how they used oreos as the base.
I used the oreos with the birthday cake filling, frosted the cookie with the famous dark pink, should be red frosting, used half an oreo for the mouth, orea frosting for the eye and then an m and m for the eyeball.  Finally, the nose is an m and m.
All I know is that these are going to be so sweet to eat!
Sugar overload for all.
 And finally, I made Elmo cupcakes.
These have real red frosting on them which I bought in a tube.  The only problem is that I think it is cherry flavored which I personally do not think goes well with chocolate.  I don't mix fruit and chocolate, ever.
Hopefully, some of the other guests will like the flavor mix though.
I used the same things as the cookies for the faces.
I had seen very cute Elmo plates and napkins at Walmart about a week ago.
When I returned this week to buy them, they had rearranged the whole area and those cute Elmo things were no where to be found.
You snooze, you lose!
So, I bought red napkins and plates and made my own Elmos.
I also made a cute birthday hat for Soli.
 
We will celebrate tomorrow.
I think she will enjoy all these Elmos.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails