Friday, July 26, 2013

My classroom is a clean slate

I finally decided it was time to check out my classroom.
After our trip to St. George Island, it seemed like it was time to start thinking about the new school year, because inevitably time will pass and the new school year will begin.
I walked in and was so pleasantly surprised to see the beautifully waxed floors.
St. John's has never used professional waxers until this year and the floors look just wonderful.
It will be almost a shame to move my things back into place, but of course, I could not resist beginning the set up.
It was so nice to have a clean, empty slate as my classroom.
I felt like an artist, a designer just ready to create something terrific.
It was fun to move the furniture around and come up with new room arrangements that will better suit my classes.
 Just look at the shine on that floor!
It is just waiting for all the little feet that will soon scuff it up, all the little cars driven by little hands that will travel on it, and all the little spills that will soon take that shine away.

All of a sudden, I am anxious to get my room in order and welcome all those sweet little ones for another year of learning and fun.
Bring 'em on.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails