Wednesday, July 31, 2013

It's Tizita time here in Watertown

Tizita has come to spend some time with me this week.
I told her I needed her here because Grandpa is gone and I need someone to sleep in my bed with me.
She was more than happy to oblige and so she is here keeping me company.
She arrived on Tuesday afternoon.
We started our fun adventure with a pancake dinner at Perkins.
We came home, played, watched some TV, and did some crafting.
 Today, we woke up and watched some episodes of Andy Griffith, what a fun show.
Times were so different back then.
We were both laughing out loud at the antics of Barney Fife.
Finally we got out of bed and made some yummy sugar/cinnamon donut holes for breakfast.
Usually we only make these yummy treats at Christmas, but I figured we should make this a special morning and have them now.
It was a fine decision.
 I am not an active participant in the making of these donuts at Christmas time.
The girls and Mallory have always been in charge of them, so I had to really work to remember how to make it all work.
Tiz was a great help in the process.
First, she had to cut the dough into fourths and roll it into little balls.
 Next, she had to mix the sugar and cinnamon.
 I handled the frying part due to the hot oil. 
I did overcook a few of the first holes until I got the hang of the timing.
 Tiz rolled the holes in the sugar/cinnamon mixture.
 Of course, Tiz had to sprinkle some more of the sweetness on the donut holes.
I guess you can never have too much sugar on a donut.
Almost ready, but first Tiz had to lick out the sugar/cinnamon bowl.
 The finished product all ready for us to eat.
We enjoyed them in front of the TV.
It was a great breakfast prepared with so much love.
 
After breakfast we went shopping.
We started at Shopko where we found lots of clearance items that Tiz wanted to try on.
We both tried lots of things on, but she was the only one who scored.
We found lots of bargains, but she could not find anything in the toys section at Shopko, so we had to head to Walmart where we hit pay dirt with the purchase of this "American Girl" doll which is not really an American girl doll, but Tiz doesn't know the difference.
She just loves her because she has the same color skin, hair, and eyes that she does.
She has spent the better part of today with the new doll.
Mallory stopped over and she was the lucky recipient of a manicure.
After the manicure, Mal took Tiz to the cupcake shop to pick out a few sweets.
When they returned, Tiz and I rode our bikes to St. Vinny's to find a few treasures.
We were not disappointed.
We found some more craft items and some roller skates.
It was a good trip.
We came home and did more crafting and TV watching.
Tiz enjoyed some corn on the cob for dinner, but due to her loose tooth, we ended up cutting it off the cob for her.
After dinner,
Tiz was excited to see Honey BooBoo, but after a few episodes, she didn't find the value in it, so we went back to Disney.
Now it is time for bed.
Tonight I will be sharing the bed with not only Tiz but her new doll as well.
Good night all.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails