Thursday, May 29, 2008

Grandchildren at the zoo




Okay, they weren't my grandkids, but I had very good practice today being a grandma to my friend Lynne's three grandkids. We took four year old Meghan and one year old twin boys to the Madison Zoo today. I am thanking God for his goodness and wisdom in sending Courtney and Paul just one child this first time around. Between the two of us, we had our hands full but it was so much fun until the rains started but even that didn't dampen the day or our spirits, just our clothes. I enjoy seeing the zoo through the eyes of a four year old and Meghan takes her time and really likes to learn about the animals so that is nice. I spent a lot of the time with her talking and looking at the different animals. Lynne spent most of her day trying to maneuver a two child stroller with over fifty pounds of babies in it around a zoo that had every school in southern Wisconsin there on a field trip. I am sure it was a bit comical at times to other people. We ended our day on a carasol ride. Since one twin was fussy, Lynne stayed off the second time around and I managed to get Meghan on to an elephant while the other twin and I found a polar bear. I did have to ask one old lady to please let me have the polar bear so I could be close to Meghan. She didn't seem pleased, but a grandma must speak up! I felt very proud of myself and realized that it will all come back to me. I will need a crash course on stroller and car seat buckles and restraints though!




Well Tizita Desta, my first trip to the zoo with you along in spirit. I practiced and I think I performed well today. I took lots of pictures and I let Meghan pick out a stuffed giraffe for you. I cannot wait until next summer when these same two grandmas will make this trip with you along, too. I will fight anyone off any animal you want to ride on the carasol, too.

I apologize for spelling carasol wrong, but it was not in the spell check, but you know I mean a merry-go-round.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails