Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Mother's Day and Being in a Funk


We celebrated Mother's Day this past weekend (one week after the actual Mother's Day) up in Oshkosh with Courtney, Paul, Alissa, Nathan, and my mom. We had a great time.

On the actual Mother's Day weekend I was in one of my crazy funks which strike without warning from time to time. Couldn't pin point any specific reason, I like to blame it on the unseasonably cold, rainy weather.

My definition of Being in a funk: 1. Not knowing what you want exactly and therefore not able to let anyone else know what to do to make it better. 2. Knowing exactly what you want and how you want it, but not able to get it.

Funks can last anywhere from a few hours to a day or so. They generally come on quickly and leave just as quickly. Funks are hereditary. Funks are quite unpredictable.

It is my cross to bear, but in the realm of things, it is a very small one indeed.

Message to my little one(s) for whom I am anxiously waiting: That's your great grandma Marge and your Auntie Alissa as well as your mom and your grandma (me) in the Mother's Day picture. I am praying that you will be a part of that generational picture next year.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My, what a beeeeyoutiful family! I will be reading this every day! What a techno wiz!

John

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails