Friday, May 23, 2008

A walk down Memory Lane



Tonight I went up in the attic and brought down my four big storage boxes that contain clothes that I have saved from important moments in Courtney and Alissa's life. Over the years I have often just pulled out those boxes and walked down Memory Lane. I would carefully pull out each piece of clothing, unfold it, hold it up to my cheek, and just think about the time my girls wore that certain item. Tonight the purpose was different. I pulled out a few things that I will be giving to Courtney and Paul for Tizita Desta. Even if she never wears them I want Courtney to have them so she can pass the stories and the history on to her daughter. I wish I had saved more toys and other items, but I am so glad I at least have these clothes. I took a picture of a few of my favorites. The blanket is one I made with artex (very popular paint when I was in my early twenties) and then Ohma (my mom's mom) sewed it together for Courtney. Ohma died when Courtney was just four months old so the blanket is very special to me.

Message of the day for my little Tizita Desta: I hope you enjoy the things that your mommy wore when she was a baby. The blanket was sewn by your great great Grandma who I called Ohma. It was made with much love for your mommy and it is with great love that I give it to you. Ohma would have been so happy to meet you. I know she is watching from above and smiling.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails