Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A day in the park with the twins

Sliding side by side is such fun!
Cal enjoys a ride on the swing. And this happy smile is all for ShiShi. Nana was no where in sight.

"Look, Brother, a tractor!"


Ride 'em cowboy Jake!








Here are Calvin and Jake driving the little car.





Last week when Lynne and I were walking without dogs or kids we found a new park in a new subdivision in town. It looked like a fun park for the twins and Meghan so we decided to take them there today. Meghan was not able to join us due to some misbehavior at Farm and Fleet last night, so it was just the twins and the two grandmas. At first the boys had a bit of trouble finding exactly where they wanted to play, but once they found the slide they got into their routine of going up the steps and down the slide over and over and over again. The park has a cute bouncy car that they enjoyed and a bouncy horse, too. One of Calvin's favorite activities was jumping down off the step while I held his hands and counted to three over and over again. Both boys got very excited when they saw a lawnmower (tractor as they call it) and kept saying tractor in their cute little way and pointing to it. All in all the park was a big hit and they were both sleeping on the way home so I figure tired boys mean they had a great time.






Note to Tizzy: I just learn so much from spending time with the twins. I keep imagining what you must be like by now. I wonder if you are beginning to talk like they are. I don't think a tractor will excite you quite so much as it does them. My experience shows that girls are just not as interested in that kind of thing. I also took Jake out of his carseat and put Cal into his, so I did get some good practice with that, too. I think I better practice with a doll and your seat so I am comfortable with that when come home. Friday, Sept 12 cannot come soon enough for this grandma!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails