Thursday, July 17, 2008

Random thoughts and ramblings

Mallory and me at Sandy Beach.
This entry is just to help me remember some of the things I have done these last few days. No pictures ( I lied, I did find a nice picture of Mallory and me) and probably not very interesting to anyone, but I felt a need to document a few things so I could go back and remember them.
On Wednesday, Lynne and I took the twins for a walk. This was probably our best walk yet this summer. It seems we are getting it together better and watching for things like lost shoes and hats so we catch them before we are blocks away. The only problem with this week's walk was the heat and humidity. It was in the low 90's and Lynne and I were both just dripping with sweat by the time we got back to my house! We are really hoping we sweat off a couple of pounds. The twins were none the worse for wear. Back at home my mom, Mallory and Meghan had been playing and as soon as we got there the twins joined in. They are not near as strange with us as they were in the beginning of summer. I am picking up so many tips about the things that Tizzy will be enjoying and learning when she gets here since the boys are just one month younger than she is. I know I have to teach her High Five as that seems to be one of their favorite things as well as kissing, clapping, and throwing!
That afternoon Mallory and I cleaned out a shelf/dresser piece of furniture that she has had since she was little. She wants to get a new dresser and is going to give this piece to Tizzy. I think everything she owned for the first fifteen years of her life was in that piece! We threw out five bags of garbage and she kept many things. Then we moved the piece into the spare room and we laughed so hard. Mallory took a few pictures to email to Courtney so she could see the piece and she insisted that I be on the pictures. They are less than flattering and that is why you will not see them on this site.
I am just going to add a few memorable lines here, but they will only make sense to Mallory and myself. I just want to remember them. I know they will make us laugh everytime we read this. Mallory is going to be sixteen and I know she won't want to be hanging out with her old aunt for too much longer, so I really cherish these good times.
1. "Well, Kevin, you will have to sleep on the day bed since we can't move this away from your bedroom."
2. "I will just leave the car in Peace's garage since it rolled there, I will buy new."
3. Little boy changing into his trunks in the pool.
4. "I have to keep an eye on these rafts."
5. "Quick put that knob back on the cupboard!"
6. "What is wrong with your camera?"
Okay that is enough. I apologize in advance if this entry seems confusing to you.
Note to Tizzy: I think you will like the new piece of furniture that Mallory is giving to you. It will be a great place to store many things. Believe me you will be able to fit a lot in there. And as I said before, I will be teaching you to High Five as soon as I get some time with you. I know you will be a quick study!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails