Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Harold and Ken-Remembering our Dads




In my last blog entry I mentioned my dad, Ken and Joan's (my college roommate) dad, Harold. I felt it was only right to give them a blog entry today. These two pictures were taken back in 1974 at our the apartment that Joan and I shared. The first picture shows Harold on the left and Ken on the right engaged in some big conversation. They are sitting at a cable table on barrel stools. My girls will remember that same table because it served as our kitchen table for a number of years. It was a fine table once Joan and I got the hornets nests out of it! Joan made the lovely striped curtains out of sheets and the wall hanging is one of those guaze hippie bedspreads. Ahhh the memories! The second picture is my dad on the right and Harold on the left. Margaret is in the background. These are the only pictures I have of the two of them together, but they are priceless! As Margaret said yesterday, "You know the guys are looking down on us right now!" And as we sat quietly, we thought we could hear them laughing!
Message to Tizzy: I wish you could meet your great grandpa Ken. He would have been so happy to have you join our family. But maybe he knows all about you already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails