Monday, July 14, 2008

A long overdue Mother and Daughter Outing


This is Joan practicing with her mom's walker.

Our two fantastic moms! Marge and Margaret
Is this how Joan and I will look in 30 years?


My College roommate, Joan and her mom Margaret, me and my mom


Today was a very special day. My college roommate Joan and I have always wanted to get our moms together. We talked about it so often, but as things so often go in our busy worlds we just never got around to it until today. They haven't seen one another for at least 30 years so it was about time for a long overdue visit. We started out with a tour of Margaret's home at St. Camilla's in Milwaukee. What a beautiful place to live out your golden years. Joan's dad died four years ago. Our dads got along very well during our Carroll College years, too, so we had to spend a little time remembering those two special men.
After some visiting and catching up we had lunch at McCormick & Schmick's a restaurant specializing in fresh seafood. What a yummy lunch in such a beautiful atmosphere. Margaret and my mom have that special friendship where you can just pick up where you left off no matter how much time passes. Joan and I are lucky because we have that same friendship.
We had a lot of laughs today and I figure if Joan and I can age as gracefully as our moms we will be blessed.
I think we left Joan and her mom today with the hope that we won't wait so long for the next visit.
Today's message to my little Tizita: When I showed Margaret your picture, she just could not get enough of you. She kept commenting on how cute you were with your big brown eyes! Margaret and Joan are Armenian and she knows a lot of things about the history of Ethiopia. I think there are many Armenians in Ethiopia and that is why she followed the history of Ethiopia so closely. I intend to have Margaret meet you once you arrive.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails