Friday, January 30, 2009

56 random thoughts from me

Yep, 56! I used to think that was prettttttttttttty darn old. Used to read that age in the obits and think, "Well, they lived a long, nice life." Huh, not anymore... Soon I will be like my mom who looks at obits and says, "Oh, she was so young, only 77." Age is just a state of mind. So, on that note I am sharing 56 random thoughts with you here. I don't really expect or care if you read them or not, I just want to have them in print for future generations and I enjoy doing this kind of things. And yes, I took the idea from facebook!

And here we go...
1. I like chocolate chip cookie dough much more than the actual cookies.
2. I like my chocolate chip cookies cold, not right out of the oven when the chocolate is still runny.
3. My favorite OT Bible story is The three men in the fiery furnace
4. I have no interest in the super bowl or all the hype unless the Packers are playing
5. I am married to a man who is not afraid to speak his mind especially in the political arena, I like that about him.
6. I want to have a martini or two for my birthday
7. I like the way my dad checked out, quickly, quietly, and not too, too old
8. My wonderful Ohma tried to teach me to sew when I was a teenager, the only thing I made was a tie for a boyfriend
9. I only had one serious boyfriend before John
10. Charlie Shortino is my favorite weatherman, I want to run into him someday
11. I once broke a shekkori (sp) in the Milwaukee Public Museum
12. I almost drown in a lake in Tomahawk when I was three, A pastor saved me
13. I once witnessed a beer filled boot walk right off a table in a bar in Madison
14. I loved taking my kids to museums
15. I always dressed them up when we went to museums
16. John used to get mistaken for Mike Holmgren until Mike got fat and old
17. I want to write a children's book someday
18. I can teach effectively without any lesson plans, I just improvise as I go
19. I love book stores
20. I am looking forward to my birthday weekend with my family in Milwaukee
21. I am very competitive and I am not a gracious loser
22. One of my mottos is, "Breathe in, breathe out, move on."
23. Another motto is "Hope for the best, expect the worst and roll with the punches."
24. I am deathly afraid of snakes.
25. I fell off my bike on the Glacier drumlin trail and had to ride five miles with my sock on my bleeding knee.
26. I have very talented daughters
27. My favorite movies are Gone with the Wind, The Graduate, and Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion
28. I loved math, but didn't care much for english
29. I love gossip and cannot keep a secret for the love of me
30. I used cloth diapers for both girls
31. I hate doing housework
32. I love organizing things
33. I love to scrapbook, but don't think I am very good at it
34. I have a glue problem
35. I went on lots of family vacations as a child, my dad loved to travel
36. I don't have patience for shoes that don't stay tied
37. When you tell the Bible story about Jesus calming the storm, make sure you make a thunderstorm with lights flickering and a drum for thunder
38. I cannot sing
39. I had a second grade teacher who hit kids with a belt called the Brown Uncle
40. I grew up as tomboy with a neighborhood full of boys
41. I never learned to dive and always wanted to learn how
42. I sat at many, many swim meets when the girls were growing up
43,Swim team families are a unique group of people
44.I love my granddaughter, Tizita more than life itself
45. I want to be like my mom when I grow up
46. I am generous to a fault
47. I feel like my niece, Mallory is more like my daughter
48. I love playing wii
49. 5 is my favorite number
50. I believe in God, heaven, and the Bible
51. I want to live on St. George Island someday
52. I was a tennis champion in Watertown when I was fourteen
53. I wore a gym suit in High School
54. I was caught drinking in my college dorm and had to go before the dean
55. I smoked marijuana in college and liked it
56. I am off to have a wonderful birthday today!

Done, done and done....

5 comments:

Verna said...

And I hope you do have a Wonderful Day today and all week end.
Happy Birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Sherri! I enjoyed the post and learning more by reading your random thoughts. I know you and the family will have a great Birthday weekend. ENJOY!!

Courtney and Paul said...

I like how you outted your drug abusing days right on the interweb - ha!

Very nice list though and very random. I always like when the lists are random and not all about one time in people's lives or one subject matter (that's what tends to happen to me!).

Happy Birthday!

Lissa said...

Poor Mr. Laundry Berry. I hope he doesn't read this blog and track you down. Have a Happy 67th birthday! Hey...that makes you roughly the same age as gorilla head. You two have so much in common.

Your Pal, M said...

Happy Birthday Sherri!!!!!!!!!! Uh the times you and Mary Jane had is a little personal, don't ya think?

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails