Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Welcome to the deep freeze that is winter in Wisconsin

No school tomorrow due to the bitter cold temps! Now in the olden days when I had to walk to school three miles uphill each way they didn't close schools due to cold. Maybe if a water pipe broke or the boiler wasn't up and running we were granted a snow, cold day. Even on snow days, the city kids were expected to get to school while the country kids could stay home. Now days that would be considered some type of discrimination and someone would probably sue over it. However I am not complaining at this point but rather I am looking forward to a nice day at home tomorrow with perhaps a little wii with Mallory. Personally I don't know if there is much difference between ten below and thirty below zero, it all feels way too cold to me, but there must be that magic number where schools close. I have heard that we haven't been this cold since 1994 when Alissa was in 8th grade and Courtney a sophomore in High School. Wow, does that ever seem like a long time ago! At any rate, we survived that cold spell and God willing we will survive this one, too. Enjoy your day off if you are fortunate enough to have one tomorrow. And I agree with my husband when he says, "Thank goodness for global warming!"

1 comment:

Your Pal, M said...

I wonder what one word Al Gore has to say about this weather... It's probably due to us asthmatics who have to use inhalers to stay alive but, we don't have those inhalers. Thanks Al Gore! =P

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails