Friday, January 23, 2009

A letter from Jenna and Barbara

I just heard Jenna and Barbara Bush reading the letter of advice they wrote to Sasha and Malia Obama. I have always liked the Bush family. I liked the way they raised their daughters. I liked the way George and Laura treated each other. I liked listening to him speak because I always thought he was just doing the best he could. I liked to think that our family would have been very comfortable going out for a night with the Bush family. They were a real family to me. A nice, American family. I am not very political, but I was moved by the letter that these two women wrote to the new children living in the White House. It was full of very good advice and happy memories. It was about holding on to your identity in such a public arena. It reminded the Obama girls to never forget who they were before they lived in the White House and to hold tight to the love in their family especially when things get rough and they will get rough for them, too. I don't know how this new family will fill the White House. I hope they follow the advice of Jenna and Barbara and things go well for them. It is always difficult for young children to be thrown into the spotlight like this. I wish them the best! Thanks Jenna and Barbara for sharing your wisdom and God Bless your family as well as the Obama family.

2 comments:

madj said...

What a terrifc sentiment! The rest of the country should feel the way you do. We'd all be better for it. Thank you.

badger girl said...

Amen!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails