Tuesday, January 27, 2009

More Dinosaur fun




Today my afternoon preschoolers pretended to be paleontologists again and went hunting for dinosaur bones. One of my students had brought in a 3-D puzzle with 50 pieces so I thought it would be fun to hide the pieces and then go on a hunt for them After the hunt I figured we would work together to put the tyrannosaurus rex together. Well, that was the most complicated thing I have ever tried to put together. One of the kids acutally said, " I think we need to call a real paleontologist for this project." It is rather difficult to hold the attention of ten kids while I am struggling with reading directions and trying to fit pieces together even though I tried to involve them and kept reminding them how difficult this would be with real bones in a real museum. Finally I put my aide on the case while I did another activity with the kids. She did manage to get the thing together but it never stood on its own. It seemed there was a problem with the leg and foot, it may have been backwards. I snapped a quick picture with the proud kids. Our dinosaur unit will be over this week, but I think the kids have learned a lot about dinosaurs and had fun while learning.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails