Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy Birthday John! 54 years and counting!


John's birthday is Sunday, January 4. I have celebrated at least 35 of John's birthdays with him. Sometimes the celebrations are bigger including family members, sometimes it has been a small celebration with just John and I . No matter what the festivities there is always a cake, usually german chocolate and presents. One year my mom made him a pink angel food which he has never let her forget. This year it will be white cake with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting per his request. There will be chicken gumbo barbeque and a goodie box from my mom.
I wanted to take a few minutes here to document 54 reasons why I love John so much, why I am glad I married him, and why I wish him a wonderful, happy birthday!
1. He knows just how to order my hamburgers with pickles only
2. He lets me lie diagonally in our bed with my legs all over the place
3. He is a kind and gentle bear of a grandpa to Tizita
4. He takes me places like Dave and Buster's even though that is not his cup of tea
5. He runs to the store for me whenever I don't feel like going out
6. He tells me I look good in whatever I am wearing
7. He still has a good looking ass (that is what attracted me to him in the first place)
8. Layoffs do not get him down for long
9. I love his hairless chest and his hair full head
10. He and I love to be "bitter" together
11. He washes a car like a pro
12. He always cuts the lawn and has never made me feel guilty for not doing it
13. He appreciates my shoveling even though it is not up to his standards
14. He drives me and my mom wherever we need to go without complaint
15. He loves hanging out with Mallory and doing things with her
16. He has strong political views and is not afraid to express them
17. He does not philosophize
18. He is always encouraging me to buy new stuff and spend money
19. He puts up Christmas decorations with perfection
20. He wraps lights up so I can actually get them unwrapped the next year
21. He does all the heavy lifting
22. He loves his daughters
23. He takes time to blog and share his ideas and beliefs with anyone willing to visit his blog
24. He appreciates having a job and doesn't ever complain about the commutes
25. He shops with me and acts as if he enjoys it
26. He has a short fuse, but it goes out as quickly has it flames up
27. He worries with me when there is a legitimate reason to worry
28. He makes me laugh
29. He loves his Packers with a passion
30. He is calm in stressful times
31. He is happiest in his basement
32. He does all the calling for credit cards, billing questions, etc and makes the exchanges
33. He knows who to call when something is broken, he knows not to attempt to fix it himself
34. He calls charter when I need help with the computer
35. He grills a mean steak
36. He prays
37. He enjoys biking and exploring new trails with me
38. He loves St. George Island just as much as I do
39. He doesn't spend time worrying about money for the future
40. He believes in God
41. He is going to heaven
42. He looks as good now as when I met him-the years have been kind to him
43. He tells me where the icy spots are on our walks
44. He supports me in my career choices
45. He lets me work part time and for little money because it is what I want to do
46. He doesn't swear
47. He dislikes New Year's Eve every bit as much as I do
48. He agreed to move in to my childhood home with my mother (close to sainthood as one gets)
49. He is my eyes when it is too dark for me to see
50. He appreciates a swim up bar as much as I do
51. He hugs tightly when I am scared or stressed
52. He is the best heating blanket ever
53. He always puts family first
54. He is my best friend ever!

Happy Birthday John!

3 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

Very nice blog entry. Happy Birthday Dad!

madj said...

Fifty-four reasons? Wow. Thanks. I will not be donig the same for you because it has already been done, even though I can probably come up with more (NOT).

Kim said...

What a great post Sherri. I know you could have come up with another 54 reasons or more ;o) I hope John has a great birthday!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails