Friday, January 9, 2009

Officially babysitting for the first time!

I can hardly contain my excitement! Tomorrow night John and I will be babysitting for Tizita for the first time. Technically we did stay with her one Saturday while Alissa, Courtney, and Paul went our for a few beers, but she was asleep and they returned home before she even had a chance to stir, but this time we will get to be with her from 5:00 on! Courtney and Paul will be making their way to spend time with some friends and celebrate a birthday. At first they wanted us to come along and watch Tizzy at the party, but I think I convinced her that we can be trusted to watch our granddaughter without doing too much damage in the process. I know that Courtney is worried about bedtime, but if Tizita doesn't go down happily for us we will just keep her up and play. Problem solved! We will be heading up to Oshkosh tomorrow morning. I am bringing along some shaving cream and glue mixture that is so much fun to fingerpaint with. I used it with my Preschoolers today and they had a ball. Most of their nice snowmen turned into a blizzard scene by the time they were finished. Definitely process as opposed to project which is good for one's creativity. I am also bringing my bingo dabber painters along to see how she likes painting with them. This is the longest stretch that John and I have not seen our Tizita so we are anxious to see how she has changed. We haven't seen her since Christmas Day-16 days, but who is counting? It should be a very nice weekend. Bring it on...

1 comment:

Verna said...

I'm sure you will do just fine.
I'm watching Tyler tonight. If he doesn't want to stay in bed, I will simply camp on his floor next to his toddler bed, and before he knows it he will be fast asleep.

Painting with shave cream? Fill me in, I have never heard of that.
I may have to try it sometime when I am watching Julie's boys. Sounds like fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails