Monday, November 3, 2008

Fiddle hero vs. guitar hero





This past weekend while playing Guitar Hero with Mallory, Alissa, and Courtney I took quite a bit of abuse for the way that I hold the guitar. I am the only one of the four who actually played a real guitar back in the day. I also took guitar lessons so I argue that I know the proper way to hold the thing! As I look at the pictures though I do think I hold it a bit on the high side, but it is not under my chin like a fiddle would be! John says it is more like a mandolin. I have to hold it higher so I can work the buttons. No matter how hard I try I just cannot operate that whammy bar, strum, and do the buttons at the same time. My brain knows what to do, but the message does not get to my fingers! I just need a lot more practice before I will be ready for the girl band which Alissa and Mallory are forming. I know they will welcome his fiddle hero in their band!

3 comments:

Lissa said...

Maybe you could join the Duggar's band with your fiddle. That seems more your speed.

Your Pal, M said...

Lissa, I don't think the Duggars have enough money for 300 instruments for all of their odd children. Maybe Sherri can buy some instruments for them, she is generous to a fault.

Courtney and Paul said...

Hopefully they will come out with a Fiddle Hero for the video game world soon. I think you would rock that - or at least the Mandolin Hero. I don't think either of those have a whammy bar.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails