Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tizita's first visit to Watertown!!!!!


We had an absolutely wonderful weekend with Tizita, mama, and papa. They ended up staying an extra day which was such a great surprise for us! She was such a busy, happy girl and entertained all of us! I know she felt comfortable and happy here which made me feel good. She slept well, ate well, laughed alot, and spent time with all of us. Mallory and Tizzy spent a good amount of time in the bathtub (with clothes on, no water) Tizzy enjoyed opening and closing the sliding doors. Grandpa and Tizzy drove around in her little blue car and used the play washing maching a lot. Gigi and Tizzy unrolled toilet paper and did a lot of dancing. And I got lots of kisses and hugs and snuggle time!
Tizita enjoyed the little booster chair I bought her and she ate so well.
Enjoying time with Grandpa and Grandma
A moment to snuggle and relax.
Tizzy and Mimi going for a ride in our rocker. Grandpa was controlling the wild ride.
Tizita enjoyed playing in our shower and especially liked to pop her head out over the top!
Mallory and Tizzy had fun playing with playdough.
Here is Tizita taking a bath on Saturday night in our tub. We talked about all the children who have taken baths in this tub. My dad used to tell my brother and I that the tub, with us in it, would fall through to the basement if we continued to splash water outside of the tub. Not sure if that ever could happen, but I was always fearful of that fall to the basement, so I kept the water in the tub. I am pretty sure my brother splashed all the more to see if he could make the tub fall. Anyway Tizzy enjoyed her bath and the tub stayed put.
Here is Tizita sitting on my lap eating my cereal for her Sunday breakfast. She quite enjoyed the yogurt cheerios and milk.
Here is Tizita in her pretty church clothes. We were so proud and excited to take her to church with us for the first time. She was so good in church. She kept signing Jesus and saying "Jesus" as she pointed to the cross. She also said "Amen" quite often and folded her hands. She spent the service going between me, John, Gigi, Mallory, Pam, and Kev. She was one busy little churchgoer.

4 comments:

Courtney and Paul said...

We all had a great weekend and are so happy and relieved to confirm that the holiday travels should all work out just wonderfully!

Thanks for letting us stay in the big bed! We're ready whenever you want to swap us the California King for our Full Size. Just let me know...

Sherri said...

When donkeys fly, Courtney and Paul! We love you, but not enough to swap beds with you!

Kim said...

Sherri, I have seen donkeys fly. (Have you seen the Shrek movies? Donkey and Dragon have little Donkey dragons that fly.) Guess that means the Van Aukens are going to be sleeping Cali style ;o) j/k..... Looks like you had a great weekend.

badger girl said...

Great pictures. Looks like you all had a good time! How fun!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails