Saturday, November 8, 2008

A Night out with the Merry Drinkers


When I left Mary Linsmeier School six years ago to start the three year old Preschool program at St. John's I knew that I would not miss the responsibility of being the director of such a large school and all the stress of managing a staff of 18 women. I did not realize how much I would miss the great friends I worked with though. There were five of us that formed the core of Mary Linsmeier School and we were tight. I miss seeing them everyday and sharing our lives on a regular basis. We try to get together as often as possible which usually isn't very often at all, maybe once every few months. Last night we did a spur of the moment night out and it was fun. One of our members of the Merry drinkers couldn't make it but the rest of us were there. We were celebrating an anniversary of a very memorable night out that happened thirteen years ago. That is another story for another time, but suffice it to say we still laugh about that night when the lake effect snow and the bad ice in the margaritas surprised us all!
Last night we ate at a downtown Mexican restaurant and checked out a new bar. As is to be expected the conversation was non stop and the company was top notch. I look forward to our next meeting of the Merry Drinkers.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails