Monday, November 24, 2008

It takes a Village


This afternoon I put up my village. I was excited to get it up but once I started dragging the boxes up from the basement, struggled with all the cords and power strips, and the wrinkled up snow blanket, I was no longer so excited about it. I should have waited for Mallory to help me. This is the first year in a long time that she wasn't here to assist me in the assembly of said village. She will be here on Thanksgiving so she can make any changes that she deems necessary. Alissa will be here for Thanksgiving this year, too. Nathan is going to spend the holiday with his dad. This is one holiday that they will always spend apart, I think. Nathan and his dad like to have a real manly Thanksgiving and Alissa tried it once, but preferred to spend it here with us. It does give Nathan and his dad some nice bonding time. I haven't told Alissa yet, but she will be helping me put up the tree on Thanksgiving night. Watch the comments, I am sure she will give me her two cents worth on the tree idea. John tried to put up our outside lights on Saturday, but he said it was the worst day of his life. Seems the clearance lights we purchased at Target last year were all tangled up in the boxes. I will be attempting to untangle those tomorrow. Bah, Humbug!!

5 comments:

Verna said...

I always had Kim put up the tree, I sure miss her doing it. She told me last year I would have to put up my own tree she had her own to put up now. Therefore, I got trees with prelights on them. I hate those tangled strands. Then one strand goes out and you can't seem to find which light is the problem.

badger girl said...

Hi! I bet Tizzy's eyes will light up real big when she sees your beautiful village! Have a very happy Thanksgiving. Just think of all the amazing blessings that have come into your life this year -- weddings, babies, safe travels, new jobs, so much to be thankful for! Enjoy time with your family, and time with the twinkle lights and snow. I always think snow is beautiful -- when it's clean and white -- it makes things so bright. When it gets mucky and dirty, that's a different story. :) Cheers!

Kim said...

I think you did a wonderful job on the village! I bet Alissa can't wait to help with the tree. We put ours up last weekend since we will be traveling to Omaha Nebraska for Thanksgiving with Clay's sister. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Lissa said...

Hello, I'm Alissa, have we met? Because apparently we haven't if you think I'm helping you with that stupid tree. I hate Thanksgiving and I hate putting up trees. You and your village can go jump in a lake.

Courtney and Paul said...

Mom - I'm sure Lissa didn't mean what she says. She LOVES putting up a tree and we all know she LOVES Thanksgiving - favorite holiday, I believe, what with the sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie and all the people and great conversations - does it get better for her? You just keep telling all your stories about each and every ornament while Lissa lies on the couch pretending she's not interested.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails