Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blessings abound for this blogger

On this beautiful, sunny Sunday morning I just had to take a few moments to thank God for the wonderful blessings that He has showered on our family.
  • In a little more than a month, John and I will be laying eyes on our precious Tizita Desta for the very first time. I can only imagine the way Courtney and Paul will look as they come off the plane with Tizzy in tow. I am guessing very tired, maybe teary eyed, most definitely overjoyed!
  • In less than a month our family will be sharing the glorious wedding day of Alissa and Nathan. They have been planning the wedding for a long time and it will be so great to see it all come together and watch them stand before all their friends and family to exchange their vows. Paul's band will be playing which is always a fun time. I am looking forward to dancing the night away as the mother of the bride. This is definitely a dream come true for this mother! An added blessing here: I have a fabulous dress and shoes to wear to the wedding!
  • Courtney and Paul have an accepted offer on their condo in Lake Mills. As soon as that sells Courtney never has to work again unless she wants to! They moved into their big, beautiful, old house in Oshkosh last September and it has been a long year to make two house payments, but it is almost over! Thank you , God for the patience for this wait!
  • Courtney and Paul will not have to take any money with them to the closing! Although they were more than willing to do that to get rid of that condo.
  • Even with John's one fifth of a week lay off and my summer of no pay check we have been very successful in stretching our money and actually purchasing many extras along the way.
  • My girls, Nathan, and Paul just spent a lovely Riverfest here and I love hanging out with my kids! I am just so thankful that they tolerate John and I so well, too. We truly have great times together. What a blessing!

I know the list could and should go on and on and on, but it is time to go to church. While I am there I will say a prayer of thanks and praise to God for his goodness! God is so good to us! I hope you are all feeling his Glory right now, too.

  • No comments:

    Related Posts with Thumbnails
    Related Posts with Thumbnails