Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My plate is full, my cup runneth over

Today I am reflecting on all the upcoming events that are occurring almost simultaneously in my life and it is causing a bit of anxiety, well, maybe more than a bit, but I am trying to take it one day at a time and enjoy the ride. First on the agends, we leave on Thursday for Alissa's wedding. She has a full agenda for us and the festivities start on Thursday night. This part of the journey should be lots of fun. I have waited a long time to walk Alissa down that marriage aisle so this is a dream come true. It will be great to spend time with family and friends celebrating during these happy days leading up to her wedding. John and I have some specific jobs assigned to us so I hope we keep them all straight and get it all done in the right order and time.
The day after the wedding while we are watching Alissa and Nathan open gifts, Courtney and Paul will be beginning their journey to bring our precious Tizita home from Ethiopia. I am trying not to think about this journey too much at this time. I cannot even begin to tell you the stress that I will be under while they are traveling to Ethiopia. I hate the time when they are up in the air on planes. It is a time when I have absolutely no control over anything. That is when I have to let go and let God which is easier said than done for me. My prayer is that God will give me peace and the ability to let Him carry my worries for me. Courtney, Paul, and Tizzy will be in my thoughts and prayers constantly during these thirteen days and I won't actually breathe my sigh of relief until I see them getting off that plane in Appleton on Sept. 12.
On top of those two large helpings on my plate at this time, school starts for me on the Tuesday after Labor day. I am thankful for the diversion my little ones will give me. If anything can do it, those little ones will help keep me focused and keep my mind from imagining the worst things that could happen in Ethiopia! Ask my daughters about the things my mind conjures up when given the chance. Fear sets in from nowhere and my imagination goes wild. But with the beginning of any school year comes the usual stress related with getting the classroom ready, meeting all the new kids, and planning those earth shattering lessons. I also have an afternoon class again this year, which I was not planning on until about two weeks ago, so my days will be full. Again, God has the plan in place, less time for me to worry!
And the last helping on this full plate is the fact that John got laid off again! Another area that I have no control over. Are you getting the picture here that I need control over my life? John is working so hard on applying and interviewing for any job out there that he is qualified and over qualified for. It is a very frustrating journey for him at this point of his life, but we remain optimistic about just the right job coming his way in the right time. Again we put it in God's hands and see what he has planned for us and our future. In the meantime, John is running errands for me and it is so nice to have him around at this busy time. I wish we could both just quit work, live off our fortune, and spend the rest of our lives traveling and enjoying each other. But alas, we have no fortune, so we will continue to enjoy each other right here in our home.
So as you see, my plate is full and some of the helpings are not as tasty as the others, but in the big picture my cup runneth over with blessings. Check this blog out on Sept. 13 and I am guessing my plate will not feel quite so full! (Or it will be filled with different things!)
Please keep all us in your thoughts and prayers during this crazy time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails