Friday, August 15, 2008

Happy Trails to us


Our friend we met along the way.

Ready to roll.

Today we didn't let the lay off stop us from our planned bike ride on the Bugline Trail in Merton. We are like the postal service, neither rain nor snow nor gloom of night shall keep the postman from his appointed rounds and neither lay offs nor anything else will keep us from our scheduled bike rides!
The Bugline runs from Merton to Menomonee Falls through some wooded areas and marshy land.. The trail also goes through the city of Sussex so the variety of scenery makes it a fun ride. We discovered a nice beach when we took a small detour off the path. The one downfall was the bugs. I almost wished I had a bug sheild over my face at times. At one point a deer fly got down my shirt and bit me, that did not feel good, I squished him for that. There was also a lot of dust because of how dry it has been and because there are quarries located along the trail, but a quick shower fixes that problem. We rode over 24 miles in about 2 1/2 hours so that was pretty good pedaling.
Hamburgers on the grill and a few beers rounded out our day. Tomorrow we go up to Oshkosh to load up band equipment for the wedding. I will let you know how that goes!
Note to Tizzy: It won't be long now!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails