Thursday, August 28, 2008

Get me to the church on time

John and I leave today for Bloomington to begin our pre wedding festivities. Today John will get his tux fitted, we will check into the motel, our home away from home for the next four days, and we will begin the celebration with a cook out at Alissa's friend, Kim's house. Alissa is spending her last nights as a single lady with Kim and husband Clay. Nathan is spending his last days as a free man with his dad. Courtney, Paul, and Mallory arrive later today in time for the cook out. Tomorrow the girls (Alissa, Courtney, Mallory, Kim, and Laura) go for pedicures and manicures.
Rehearsal and rehearsal dinner is tomorrow and then on Saturday all the girls (me, Marge, and Pam included) go to another friend of Alissa's house (Liz) and have our hair done by a girl coming over to her house. Then of course, there is the wedding on Saturday and gift opening on Sunday. What a whirlwind of activity and fun! I now am just hoping we all get everything down there that we will need especially things like the wedding dress, bridesmaid dresses, band equipment, guitars, my dress, and the list goes on and on and on. These destination weddings can get complicated.
I remember at this point of Courtney's wedding, too. We were all getting ready to get to St. George Island, Florida via cars or planes and I get into this very worrisome mood about things going wrong, you know like major things, car accidents, someone getting sick, and I won't even go to the others right now. I will breathe a huge sigh of relief when all the people have arrived safely in Bloomington! But enough of that right now. My motto has always been, Hope for the best, expect the worst, and roll with the punches, so in true form that is where I am at right now. I am hoping the motel has wireless so I can update a bit, but if not you will hear from me again on Monday. Remember us in prayers this weekend and please remember Courtney and Paul as they take the journey of a lifetime on Sunday. Pray for safe travels for all and peace of mind for this anxious woman!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails