Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's Riverfest in Watertown

Here we are before our bike ride
Here is John in the pool. He so seldom gets on my blog. He is pretty handsome for an old fellow, heh?

Here I am enjoying the pool


This is the four days of Riverfest in Watertown. It is four days (Thursday to Sunday) of beer drinking, people watching, music, food, and fun at Riverside Park which is the park located right in our backyard. Riverfest has been going on since the girls were about eight and ten. Everyone has their own area in which to congregate and you can usually find people near the beer tent of their choice-Miller vs. Bud. I always enjoy visiting with all the people that I haven't seen for a year and catching up with their latest news. This year we started out on Thursday night with our usual Zwieg's hamburger. Courtney and Paul joined us on Thursday. On Friday morning Courtney, Paul, John, and I took a 14 mile bike ride. Well, actually Paul blew out a tire and had to walk the last three miles! Alissa and Nathan joined us for an afternoon pool party in Mallory's pool and then we all headed down to watch Dennis D. Young put on an awesome concert. Courtney, Paul, Alissa, and Nathan headed out on Saturday since they can only take so much of the festivities. John and I found some more long lost friends tonight and now we are waiting for the fireworks to begin! It has been so much fun to spend time with the girls, Paul, and Nathan. I am so glad they came home for one more Riverfest. I think I hear the first booms so I better head out to catch the fireworks.
Note to Tizzy: We told so many people about you this weekend. By next Riverfest you will be here and Grandpa and I will take you on the rides! I know the dynamics of Riverfest will change when you get here, but I am more than ready to turn in my beers for cotton candy. I wonder how you will like the fireworks?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails