Monday, October 20, 2008

Moses, sandals, and an afternnoon stroll with Jimmy, Alan, and John

So, this morning I was teaching my Moses and the Burning Bush story, which by the way is one of my favorites. I always have such a captive audience for this one. I bring one of our big plants for the bush and then I have fire cut out of paper that I add to the bush, I wear a pair of John's sandals, and have one of our shepherd's staffs from the yard along with a rubber snake. You probably can see already why my audience is so attentive to the story what with all those fun props. Today after explaining what a shepherd does and why Moses wore sandals (probably not like John's, but close enough) I proceeded to take my shoes off and put the sandals on. I noticed at this time that I had on two different colored socks, one navy and one black, oops. Well, I figure no three year old is going to notice or care about it, but sure enough, one little boy says immediately that I have two different socks on. (Wow, I better use that lesson for same and different) I told them it was part of the story and they didn't talk about it again. This is not the first time I have worn two different socks, gosh I have already come to school in two different shoes! Anyway the rest of the story went on without a hitch.
Since this is my short day, I took a walk after lunch. I cranked up the tunes in the ipod and took a brisk walk with Jimmy Buffet and Alan Jackson. I cooled down to a few John Denver songs. It was a beautiful day to take a stroll with these three lovely gentlemen. If only Moses had been there it would have been complete!
Check out the previous blog for pictures from Tizita's baptism if you haven't already! I am off to rearrange my sock drawer and make sure all the matches are indeed matches!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hope you got all of your socks to match! Glad you got the motivation to take a walk today in the crisp air. I bet it was great ;o)

Courtney and Paul said...

Ha! Two different socks - I expect nothing less.

Your Pal, M said...

Wow Sherri that must make about three thousand and one times you have worn black and blue socks! Ha.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails