Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's a Beautiful day in the neighborhood

Ampa and Tizita!
It is indeed a very beautiful day in the neighborhood and this whole area. Fall has arrived and with it the crisp cool days and nights. John's new hours go from 7:30-4:00 so he leaves the house by 6:20 each day and is home by 5:00. That is one hour earlier than the time he arrived home from the old job! We have been able to walk each night this week which has given us a chance to get out in the beautiful weather and catch up on the day's happenings. His job is going well and he seems to enjoy the challenges of the world of electricity. I have finally settled into the swing of school as have my preschoolers. It is hard to believe that we are already in October. We have a trip to the Pumpkin patch next Friday. I really enjoy this annual trip because I have a parent come along for every child so my aid and I can just enjoy the trip. The parents do all the work for us. There were years back at Mary Linsmeier on our pumpkin patch trips where we (the teachers) had to haul pumpkins bigger than the kids out of the patch. That was hard work. Such is the difference between Day Care where parents have to work (Mary Linsmeier) and preschool where the moms are stay at home moms and able to join us on trips. I prefer what I have now for many reasons. We are looking forward to another trip to Oshkosh this Sunday to take Mallory up to meet Tizita. This is a big weekend for Mallory, it is Homecoming here in Watertown with a dance on Saturday night and then meeting Tizita. Exciting times for an almost sixteen year old. Well, Mr. Rogers, I am thinking of you and your trolley today as I titled my blog.
Note to Tizita: I heard you said ampa today when you looked at the picture of Grandpa John. He is so excited and hopes you were not saying cigar! See you Sunday. Wait until you meet Mallory. You are going to have such a great time with her.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails