Thursday, October 16, 2008

Smile, it's picture day

Have I ever told anyone out there how much I absolutely hate school picture day. Ever since I had my first picture taken in the first grade I have developed this detest for the whole process. Not one school picture has ever turned out good except maybe that first grade one although I don't have a copy of that one. Why is it that every school photographer has to make you tilt your head in such an unnatural way that everything looks distorted? I know I take the best picture when you just shoot straight at my face, no tilting, no chin raising, etc. My driver license pictures have always looked nicer than any school shot. What does that tell you?
Anyway, as you may have figured, today is picture day at school. I have my hair sprayed into place and I have a shirt picked out that should work, but what will I do about that crazy head tilting business. I would just use last year's picture, but it was so bad and I guess it can't get much worse. To get a really nice picture I would either have to use my first grade shot which as I said, I don't have or my license picture. Wait, I did look pretty good on the wedding shots, maybe I will just submit one of those. I will just erase John! Done and done!

5 comments:

Verna said...

I hate photos too. They always seem to distort us in one way or other. Julie wanted me to do a TV thing with her on the socks and I told her that is where I draw the line... No more photos of me. I'll just do the sewing and stay in the background.
Just smile, smile, smile, will make people wonder what you are up to. Have a good day.

madj said...

Maybe you should submit your husband's pic INSTEAD!

Courtney and Paul said...

Why is it your daughters love their pictures being taken so much if you hate it? Though, I never really cared for school picture day. Just think - your picture cannot possibly be as bad as my 7th grade shot.

Kim said...

I am sure your pictures will be lovely. Smile!

Lissa said...

I'm sure your picture has you looking like an escapee from the Shorehaven lock-down ward. I can't wait to see it so me and Mal can laugh and laugh and laugh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails