Friday, October 31, 2008

On the run

Lately I have developed this urge to run instead of walk. I have never been especially fond of running around the block in gym classes way back when and it was not until recently that I wanted to try running so today on my walk I tried running a few times. My biggest concern is that people will see me running and laugh at the way I run. John tells me there is no wrong way to run as long as it feels good. I guess I was doing it right because it did indeed feel good. I only ran a few times on my four mile walk. I ran a block or two at a time in between walking. My ipod certainly did not help my speed today though. I chose the "I"section to begin with for my walk. I have never heard so many slow, sad songs about break ups and lost loves. Next time I will not be using that section. I have a hard time changing it during the walk because the sun is too bright to see what I am doing on the screen so I just put up with it. Finally we got to Kokomo in the K's and Herman's Hermits, Leaning on the Lamp in the L section. While running, I shook my fist at a few Obama signs. I am not very political but I do not like where he wants to take this country, but that is another story. Running seems to give me that power, I don't think I would shake my fist at signs if I were just walking!

6 comments:

Your Pal, M said...

You can't shake fists at signs while walking then people can run after you, but if you run and shake your fist they can't catch you ;]

badger girl said...

Hehee! Your post made me smile! :) I'm so nervous about the election, either way a lot of people will feel bummed out. I think it's going to be a close one, but I agree with you! Good for you for running!

Kim said...

Those runner highs are addictive. Clay and I went for another run/walk today and it was great! You did the best thing just starting with really short intervals. Keep up the good work but you may want some more upbeat music ;o)

Courtney and Paul said...

Running?! Oh my! Nice work. I've had the urge to run lately also, so sometimes I just take off on short runs with the stroller. It definitely feels good on these fall days. Not sure I'll keep it up once the freezing winter hits!

Courtney

Lissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lissa said...

Holy crap. You're running now? I'm getting that nurse for the 10-06s at 906 toot sweet. Next thing you know I'll get a call saying my mother fell over because she was both shaking her fist and trying to find "Silhouettes on the Shades" on the ipod. This is a disaster.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails