Thursday, October 9, 2008

Someday I'll be a Grandpa


We really like the Jimmy Buffet song, "Nothing but a Breeze." It became our theme song around the time that Courtney and Paul first announced their plans to adopt. We would crank it up in the car and sing along with the fun lyrics and talk about how it would be when we were finally grandpa and grandma! Well, I think these pictures say a thousand words for how much John enjoys his new role as Ampa to his sweet little Tizzy. He was just sitting on the kitchen floor taking it all in. (Quite the opposite approach that I take, I am always in Tizu's face-it's the preschool teacher in me, can't help it) when Tizu just came over by him and started showing him her bag of gourds. Pretty soon she just settled right down in between his legs and sported the biggest smile ever! It just warmed my heart to see the bond developing between them.

"In a small suburban garden, not a single neighbor knows my name,

I know the woman wishes we could move somewhere where the houses aren't all the same

Johnny, I wish you could take me where the grass is greener, Ireally couldn't say where it would be, Maybe

somewhere high on a mountaintop or down by the clear blue sea

There we would do just as we please, it ain't nothing but a breeze

One day soon I'll be a grandpa, all the pretty girls will call me sir

Now where they're asking me how things are , they'll ask me how things were

I don't mind being a longboarding grandpa, if you will be my awesome grandma

I suggest we have some cool yo yos in the shade in old St. George."





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails