Tuesday, June 12, 2012

36 years and you are still the one...

36 years ago today, John and I got married.
My maid of honor, Joan, is helping me with my veil.
It was apparently very windy that day.
I do not remember the wind, but boy, it was a hot one!
These beautiful dresses were made by the girls
The hats were made by my friend, Connie's mom.  She is next to me on the left.
I loved yellow and orange and was so happy to have them on my girls.
My dad and I walking down the  long church aisle at St. John's.
On the altar.
The reception line.
John and I, now married.
My dad and mom.

Our parents.

Mr. and Mrs. Damman
Cutting our cake with all the pretty daisies.
Our reception was at Linberg's and this was taken on their grounds.
My brother, 16 at the time and proud groomsman.
Photos at Riverside Park

My Grandpa, Grandma, and Ohma.
Good bye, we are outta here.
Going to our honeymoon in Madison.


My dad.

I still remember the excitement and passion I felt on this day.
The beginning of a relationship and marriage is different from the seasoned marriage.
The excitement has been replaced by comfort.
The passion has been replaced by security.
There is still excitement and passion at times, it is just not as frequent or as intense as it once was.
On this day 36 years ago we were at the beginning of an unwritten story.
We had all kinds of ideas for the chapters in our story.
Some of those played out just as we had hoped and dreamed, some not so much.
There were twists, turns, and surprises as we wrote each chapter.
Our story is not perfect, but love doesn't care.
Our story is not perfect, but it is our story and it is written by the One who does know how to make it perfect.
Today I will step back and thank God for 36 years of blessings,
for the gift of being married to my best friend,
for memories that fill my heart with joy,
and
I will ask God to bless us with many more chapters in our life story and many more memories to make together.

1 comment:

Verna said...

Congrats. To both of you! And may you have many, many more! The photos are so neat to look back on and remember. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails